Baptism is the gift of new Life. It is an expression of faith and through it we become a part of our Christian community where we experience the presence of the risen Christ.
Baptism Requirements for Infants and Children 0-6 years
- The parents are to complete a Baptism Preparation Course either at St. Paul’s or at another parish. The Baptism Course does not need to be repeated when baptizing another child in the future at St. Paul’s. Please check the below links for dates and times of the Baptism Preparation Course.
- The registration fee for Baptism Preparation Class is $25 per family, payable on the day of the class with only cash or cheque, payable to St. Paul’s Parish.
1) A copy of one of the Catholic Parents Baptism or Profession of Faith Certificate
2) A copy of one of the Catholic Godparent’s Confirmation Certificate
3) A copy of the Child’s Birth Certificate
4) Section 2 printed & signed
5)Attended a Baptism Prep Class
- Stole Fees can be given to the celebrant (priest or deacon). Stole Fees are free will offerings given by the laity to clergy for different rites or ceremonies associated with the church. There is no defined amount and tax receipts are not issued for stole fees. Please mark the envelope as “Stole fee”.
Baptism Requirements for Children and Youth 7- 17 years
- As above along with the following additions.
- Fee of $10 for Parent/Child study material.
- Meet with Sacrament Coordinator to discuss and pickup Parent/Child study material.
- A Parent/Child Baptism booklet needs to be completed (allow approximately 12 weeks to complete)
- Parent & Child meet with the Sacramental Coordinator upon completion of the booklet.
- Youth ages 15-17 may prepare on their own, age appropriate material along with an interview will need to be completed. Please contact the Sacramental Coordinator for all necessary information.
Baptism Preparation Class
It is best to attend the Baptism Preparation Class prior to the birth of your first child. We ask that both parents attend. This is an adult course, and childcare is not provided, Children under the age of one year may accompany their parents, please make other arrangements for older children.
This course needs to be completed only once. If you have completed a baptism preparation course in another parish or another country prior to having an older child baptized, you do not need to take it again. Simply provide us with the place and date of completion. The registration fee for this course is $25 per family, payable by cash or cheque (payable to St. Paul’s Parish) on the day of the course.
To register, choose the date you wish to attend on the Application for Baptism Form. If you are planning on having your child baptized in another parish there is an opportunity to choose that option under baptism dates on the online form.
Please see the online application form for scheduled upcoming dates. We have a maximum number of baptism’s per date, once that number has been reached that date will be removed as an option.
*All baptisms are held at 1:00 pm unless otherwise stated.
Questions can be directed to:
Sacramental Coordinator: Suzanne Regnier
Phone: 403.948.5394 option 6 Fax: 403.948.0160